One of our local clients based in Camden are currently recruiting for the role of Structural Engineer.
JOB PURPOSE/CONTEXT -
The Structural Engineer will carry out structural investigations and provide prompt advice and reports on housing assets and infrastructure. The potholder will be responsible for monitoring assets and designing remedial works. The potholder will prepare drawings from first principles, calculate loads and stresses, commission and deliver works.
1. Knowledge and understanding of construction procurement and contract management
2. Knowledge of construction and maintenance contract and property law
3. Understanding of the needs of user groups in the design and construction process
1. Strong people management skills
2. Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
3. Robust contract management skills
4. Able to form positive working relationships and work in partnership with contractors and key stakeholders.
5. Ability to undertake cost benefit analysis when appraising remedial works
6. Ability to manage complex works
1. Experience of commissioning, procuring and delivery of structural and other remedial works
2. Proven experience in the diagnosis and analysis of structural failure
3. Experience of designing works from first principles
4. Experience of liaison with residents and Members in relation to construction and works activities
5. Experience of project/contract management.
Experience of working effectively with politicians, providing balanced advice and guidance on strategic and operational issues.
1. Knowledge and understanding of building pathology and the systems of structural failure
2. Thorough understanding of health and safety responsibilities
3. Up to date knowledge of best practice in the investigation and diagnosis of structural problems and the remedial works that can be undertaken
4. Proven ability to design remedial works from first principles, being able to produce drawings, select appropriate materials, calculate loads and stresses.
For more information please contact Ryan Doherty.