IT Support Engineer : Workington, Cumbria
On offer: up to £33,000 pa, depending on experience
MacArthur Recruitment is working for a leading UK-based engineering manufacturing organisation, which is seeking a IT Support Engineer to work closely with the IT Infrastructure & Services Manager to deliver 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support, and a comprehensive, thorough, efficient IT support service to corporate and process control users on site. You will have a good, broad knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure and be solutions-driven - this is an opportunity for you to develop your skills and career with this forward-thinking company.
Responsibilities of the IT Support Engineer :
- Broad focus - 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support
- Point of contact for all day to day IT fault support calls, IT work requests and project work, including servers, networks, client workstations and laptops.
- Proactively handle and escalate virus outbreaks and cyber threats.
- Proactively identify and address any vulnerabilities across the IT estate.
- Implement any measures deemed necessary, to mitigate against any risks identified that would pose a threat to the business, IP, data or assets.
- Perform system builds, installations and upgrades for existing and new users and systems across all estates, covering server maintenance, workstations and laptops.
- Carry out software updates and maintain compliance.
- Provide technical support for specialised and bespoke hardware and software system configurations on the workshop.
- Provide technical support for specialised hardware and software systems configurations found within Design offices, such as CAD, design and drawing packages.
- Liaise with third party corporate IT Service Providers to ensure a holistic and collaborative approach to service delivery.
- Ensure all CCTV systems are fully operational and remain compliant.
- Liaise with suppliers for the purchase of equipment, consumables and services.
- Responsible for the printer and plotter estate ensuring a reliable, compliant and secure printing service is available across the business.
Your background for the IT Support Engineer role :
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support
- Server maintenance
- Solutions-driven and a problem solver
- Cyber Awareness, Cyber Crisis Management or equivalent IT Cyber Security Training.
- ITIL Certification or practical working experience of utilising ITIL framework methodologies.
- Proficient experience working with and implementing solutions for virus, malware, ransomware prevention and protection, backup solutions.
- Effective use of a call logging system.
Why work for our client as an IT Support Engineer?
- Variety of work and projects
- Salary: £30,000 - £33,000 pa
- 35 days holiday pa
- Positive working environment with a successful company
- Full time role Mon-Fri, 36.5 paid hours per week
- Pension 6% ER and EE
For more information, or to apply for the position of IT Support Engineer, please contact Steph, ideally with a copy of your CV.
At MacArthur Recruitment we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers. We collect your information for the purposes of providing job-finding services only, and do not sell, rent or trade lists with other companies for marketing purposes.
We don’t collect cookies on our website, or use analytical tools to monitor visitor behaviour. We believe that if you want to get in touch with us, you will.
Any information you provide to us on your CV or via a job board is kept securely on our database and is shared with any potential employer only after you have given permission for us to do so.