An Applications Engineer with a background in CNC Turning is required to work on a national, and occasionally international, basis for a market leader in the supply of CNC Lathes.
Due to a long-serving, vastly knowledgeable and greatly-respected member of the team retiring, this opportunity has arisen for a skilled and experienced Applications Engineer to join the team and bring their own expertise on board.
The successful Applications Engineer will:
- Visit customer sites nationally and internationally, providing full training to clients on setting and operating the product range.
- Provide pre-sales support to provide cycle time analysis, and post-sales support to provide setting and tooling advice; providing assistance with software packages.
- Provide on-machine training
The successful Applications Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to fully program/plan/prepare tooling lists for multi spindle/multi axis lathes
- Experience of turning machines with milling capability and with power tools and subspindles
- Experience of interpreting complex engineering drawings and working to exacting tolerances
- Experience of ISO Controls (Fanuc, Mitsubishi)
- Knowledge of CAM software
- Able to problem solve
- Willingness to often work away from home Monday to Friday and ability to travel UK wide and occasionally to Europe
- Experience of time studies and test cuts
In return, this UK based client will offer you a package of circa £44-45k, car and tools, pension, 22 days holiday, Death in Service benefit, Income Protection. This position will be home based, with offices to meet clients in a couple of accessible UK locations.
In order to apply for this role, please do so online ensuring your most up to date CV is attached with correct contact information.