The MEL Group are family run, with a realistic goal to be a £100 million a year business. We are a total engineering solution provider to the global aerospace and defence market and to industry in general.
An opportunity has arisen for a CNC Miller to join the team at Redmayne Engineering based in Lymington, Hampshire. The role will involve high precision CNC machining of various components to customer drawings and specifications within AS9100 quality standards.
You will be responsible for:
- To set CNC machinery and tooling
- To machine parts to specification and to customer requirements using detailed drawings and layouts provided
- To conduct First-off Inspections to customer specification
- To ensure product accountability/traceability (job card)
- To know, understand and operate various CNC operating systems
- To ensure routine maintenance and calibration is carried out according to approved methods
- To ensure the work area conforms to the company 5S standards
- To report component/machine non-conformances to Production Control / Inspection
- To update cell boards as appropriate
- To work to the production schedule as required
Essential Personal Skills / Attributes:
- To have served a recognised engineering apprenticeship or have experience of metallic machining.
- The individual should have basic numeracy and literacy skills (there is a requirement to use a CNC terminal to control job manufacturing).
- The ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- The use of controlled calibration and measuring equipment.
- Job-specific training may be required to learn new CNC machines or new product packages.
- Knowledge and use of all machine shop equipment would be desirable
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Flexible and positive attitude and approach to work
- Professional conduct displayed at all times
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- Ability to lift safe loads without assistance
- Ability to work well within a team, and as an individual
- Can pass on knowledge and skills to others, evaluating and validating training given
- Meticulous attention to detail, with a methodical approach to tasks
- Takes pride in self and work
This is a permanent role, working Monday to Friday, 39 hours per week with a daily half-hour lunch break.
In return, you will have the support to develop and grow within an ever-expanding company, with benefits such as 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme and free parking.