CNC & Manual Machinist
£30,000 to £33,000
An established leading subcontractor in the manufacture of precision machined components for various industry sectors, machining various materials including exotics, plastics and general engineering materials.
As the successful Machinist, you will experience working for an established, progress and dynamic company, working in a state-of-the-art facility with both Manual and CNC Machines for Milling & Turning.
Working with FANUC and HURCO control systems (experience of these would be an advantage but not essential as you will be put on a training course if needed)
You will also need to be able to work on Conventional / Manual Machines for both Milling and Turning producing jigs & fixtures and tooling.
This is an interesting a varied role with a diverse workload from producing high quality precision machined parts and components from one offs to medium batch runs, to manufacturing Jigs & Fixtures to Toolmaking when required.
This role would suit a seasoned engineer looking for a varied and interesting role that will change on a daily basis.
- Program, Set and Operate CNC Machine Tools including Mills & Lathes (Hurco & Fanuc)
- Manual machining – Milling and Turning
- Working with Fanuc and Hurco controlled CNC machines (training can be provided)
- Manufacturing Jigs, Tools and Fixtures
- Producing components from 1offs to 100s off (depending on customer requirements) for a varied client base across various industry sectors
- Machining with a wide variety of metals from general engineering to harden steels, alloys and exotics to often very tight tolerances
- 40hrs per week
- 8am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
- Lots of OT available – x1.25hrs during the week, x1.5hrs Saturdays, x2hrs Sundays
- Flexibility to work overtime hours when needed is a key requirement for the right person