As Civil Engineer / Project Manager you will join one of Belfast's leading Engineering and Architectural Consultancy firms, supporting a multidisciplinary team in delivering water and wastewater projects. Based in Belfast you will manage and deliver innovative catchment management projects and develop sustainable and effective solutions to water quality problems and other planning or compliance issues.
Our Client established their practice in 1963 and has an enviable client base built on fostering partnerships and building relationships within Public and Private Sector and the supply chain. They successfully deliver prestigious construction projects within Education, Leisure, Infrastructure (Road and Water), Residential, Environmental and Commercial sector. A level of autonomy and responsibility will be attached to this role and our client will fully support Continued Professional Development and as such training will be given to further develop your skills.
As a member of the Water & Environment Team you will undertake the following duties:
- Delivery of integrated environmental models across NI;
- Developing catchment management solutions, evaluating their costs and benefits;
- Managing teams to ensure the successful delivery of DAP / Wastewater projects, liaison and management of environmental modellers
- Preparing conceptual, schematic, and detailed design solutions for various elements of DAP / Wastewater work using Infoworks and Mapinfo.
- Statistical analysis of environmental data and evidence;
- Liaison and management of environmental modellers;
- Investigation of pollutant risks and water quality impacts;
- Liaising and co-ordinating with other design team members, both in house, other offices and/or external consultants.
- Organisation and management of site investigatory / sampling resources
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants must have a degree or post graduate qualification in civil engineering, environmental discipline or relevant scientific qualification.
- Circa 5 years post graduate experience.
- Good project management and client communication skills;
- Sound understanding of environmental modelling techniques and principles;
- Be able to work effectively under pressure, to deadlines and as part of a team;
- Good analytical, written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience of working within a consultancy environment would be advantageous but not essential;
- Knowledge of WFD legislation and associated agricultural & wastewater practices and how they impact the environment;
- Understanding of the impacts of water management on aquatic ecology;
- An understanding of water quality modelling;
- An ability to undertake GIS drafting;
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
As Civil Engineer / Project Manager, you will also be an excellent team player with strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Ranked as one of the leading consultancies in NI, they offer a full CPD programme and wide range of benefits.
To apply for this "Civil Engineer / Project Manager (DAP / Modelling)" role please select the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss the role specifics in more detail.
To speak with one of our Civil Engineering Consultants and find out more about the role please contact Wellington Professional Recruitment.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.