My client is a is a world leader in the design, manufacture and installation of complete weighing and packing line solutions. They are currently looking to expand their controls department.
What is the purpose of the role and the role responsibilities?
- The purpose of this role is to lead the product team, consisting of software and electrical engineers, to provide control systems design and development support
- Manage the team's workload and priorities in a highly demanding and shifting role
- Liaise closely with customers and other internal departments to provide Provide technical back-up to internal and external customers
- Ensure the team's work is accurate, on-time and maintains high standards
- Ensure the team meets it's KPIs and assist in the development of those KPIs Identify and coordinate any training required by the team
- Participate in the ISO project team system and ensure the team follow the required processes
- Manage holidays and sickness to provide adequate cover within the team
- Maintain discipline within the team and carry out team member PDR's
- Visit customer sites as required
- Ensure that records and databases are maintained accurately and efficiently
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge of products and industry
- Ensure that engineering input is timely and accurate in order to process orders effectively.
- Ensure that designs meet all standards and regulations required by internal and external bodies
- Modify existing control systems to suit customer specifications
- Design new control systems for new and existing machines
What skills are we looking for?
- To be successful in the role, you will have experience of programming in an embedded real time environment, experience of managing a high level of workload and required to prioritise tasks accordingly.
- The role will require someone who will approach all tasks with a positive enthusiasm and flexibility, consistently produce a high standard of service and always maintain confidential in discussions and activities.
- You will be a proactive, flexible and influential team leader who has an interest in technology and is willing to learn.
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up-to-date CV, or email (url removed) to arrange a confidential chat.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.