Principal Civil Engineer - Infrastructure
Birmingham, West Mids.
£45k - £55k
We're currently on the lookout for a Principal Civil Engineer to join a forward thinking multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. The roles are based in the Birmingham office and report to the Director. The purpose of these roles are to lead the delivery of engineering projects from inception to handover, on budget and to deadlines.
- Preparing plans and drawings at all stages of the development cycle.
- Responsible to the Associate Director for the financial, technical and project management control of the engineering aspects of various small and medium sized projects.
- Responsible for technical issues on small to medium sized schemes, or parts of a project on larger schemes.
- Liaise and attend meetings with architects, clients and other professionals whilst carrying out duties and at all times represent the business, in a professional and courteous way.
- Mentoring colleagues in developing technical knowledge and understanding.
- Check calculations, specifications, drawings and reports produced by others, in accordance with operational procedures.
- Undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against specifications, and highlight issues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary.
- The role will be client facing and you will represent the Company externally at a senior level.
The right Principal Civil Engineer will have:
- MEng or BEng in Civil Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in a similar practice.
- A chartered (or near Chartered) status with a recognised institution.
- Proven experience in the design of highways and drainage.
- The successful candidates must have experience of managing projects, client interfacing and staff team members, though they must also have experience and be able to design and draft, i.e. be hands on with projects.
Experience in using Auto CAD, PDS or Civils3D, Micro drainage, KeySign, Lighting Reality and/or other civil engineering packages to design and detail highway and PPL DMS drainage infrastructure will be considered valuable.
If this sounds like you, please contact Andrew Wilson on (phone number removed) or send a CV
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business.