DS Smith has an excellent opportunity available for a Reliability Engineer at their site in Livingston.
The focus of this role is to deliver world-class Service in a fast-paced environment to delight the customer and grow our business. You will continually develop an environment that promotes constructive involvement and engagement for the Engineering team. The engineering team is key to the success and continued improvement of site operations.
What being a Reliability & Projects Engineer at DS Smith will involve:
· Responsible for working in compliance with HSER standards
· Accountable for personal health & safety and that of the department whilst at work, operating in line with the company Health & Safety Policy and Health & Safety procedures to enable a safe working environment.
· Management of the Asset ‘life-cycle’ care program including routine preventive, predictive, corrective and breakdown engineering work and reporting the effectiveness of the team.
· Identify, investigate and resolve any Reliability Engineering issues that arise, supervising/training individuals as appropriate and supporting the team with queries and concerns to develop an environment of trust and support that will encourage engagement and individual development.
· Manage risk to accepted level supporting the organization’s strategic objectives in the areas of environmental, health and safety, asset availability, quality and productivity. Tools used to identify and reduce risk include:
- PHA - Preliminary hazards analysis
- FMEA - Failure modes and effects analysis
- CA - Criticality analysis
- FTA - Fault tree analysis
- ETA - Event tree analysis
· To identify critical spares, service level agreements and timeliness in order to manage engineering inventory and optimise working capital.
· Development and review of the maintenance program and systems by developing measures for and tracking KPIs whilst working closely with the Planner/Scheduler.
· Develop equipment strategies and tactics based on OEM recommendations supported by RCM based methodology and performance feedback e.g. FMEA, PM Optimisation.
· Determine the most effective and efficient tactics and frequencies for managing the asset life-cycle incorporating predictive condition-based monitoring where appropriate.
· Define detailed Standard Work Instructions for inclusion in the Preventive Maintenance program to guide maintainers through inspections.
· Constantly monitor the effectiveness of preventative/predictive maintenance tactics in relation to increasing asset availability and reducing downtime.
· To work with the Engineering team to identify critical spares, servicing agreements and timeliness.
· Presentation and prioritisation of loss based on performance data directing focused effort on the most critical opportunities.
· Build strong relations with the Corrugator, Planning and Despatch and Conversion Teams by sharing internal and external information and acting as the main liaison for other areas of the business to provide a united service to our customers.
· To ensure a professional line is presented at all times, managing site expectations as appropriate in line with the business priorities.
· You will be required to interact and communicate regularly with Operations and Maintenance teams.
· Facilitate appropriate Root Cause Analysis studies to develop detailed improvement action plans, obtain management approval and facilitate the implementation of sustainable solutions to eliminate or reduce loss.
· Work with the Engineering team, Planner/Scheduler and others within the business to improve cross-departmental relations to increase flexibility and efficiency in our service offerings.
· Continually challenge and develop our process flows and methods of operating to deliver upon our customer excellence programme.
· Play an active role within the company’s management team by attending meetings to ensure effective and constructive Engineering input into the development of the site to meet the business plan.
· To ensure that all quality systems and procedures are maintained at the highest level within the business and to contribute to the control and organisation of DPPM within the site at the clearly defined KPI.
· To assist the Quality manager in spreading clear responsibility across the department to ensure quality levels meet our required high standards
What we would like our candidate to have:
· Previous Packaging experience
· Lean experience would be an advantage
· PC proficient, knowledge of SAP
· Knowledge of CI Manufacturing Practices
· Problem solving skills inc. DMAIC
· RCA experience is essential
· Communication/briefing skills
· Experience of working in a Team
· Recognised mechanical qualifications.
· Budget management/cost control awareness
Salary: Up to £40,000