A well-known engineering services firm is recruiting for a newly created Structural Engineer position to work on a major UK infrastructure programme based from their North Kent office.
My client is a well-regarded organisation with a track record of delivering high quality engineering services across a wide range of infrastructure programmes. They offer a collaborative environment and provide excellent training and support to develop your skills and knowledge leading to future progression opportunities. They are able to offer UK and international opportunities and offer a number of training programmes and study support.
In this newly created Structural Engineer position you will be based in North Kent and support the Asset Management team from a technical perspective, specifically supporting all elements of structures (tunnels and bridges) maintenance. Your key responsibilities will be:
- Support development of an effective maintenance programme of a number of structural assets (tunnels and/or bridges);
- Assist with condition reporting, asset analysis, and data management for the programme;
- Help with the development of 1/5/30 year plans and associated budgeting
- Oversee technical aspects of tunnel/bridge maintenance through effective communication with maintenance teams.
As a strong applicant for this Structural Engineer you will:
- Have a relevant academic qualification (e.g. Engineering degree) and be working towards or possess an industry qualification such as ICE or IAM;
- Demonstrate a good technical knowledge of tunnel and/or bridge structures;
- Be comfortable scoping out maintenance/repair programmes;
- Show an interest in developing your skills and knowledge to be able to seek out opportunities to improve processes and systems.
The offer to the successful candidate will be:
- Salary between £40,000-£50,000
- Benefits including bonus, pension, life assurance, 25 days annual leave
You will be based from the office in North Kent but need to travel across the South East for asset inspections.