My Client are one of the UK’s most well-established financial solutions providers. Established 14 years ago, providing ethical and customer focused financial management plans. Companies within the group are fully FCA authorised and licenced by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
About the role
Due to the growth of the business we have an opening for an experienced Cyber Security Engineer to join the IT team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, passionate IT Security Engineer to work directly with the Head of IT on cyber security at all levels.
This is a hands-on technical role requiring a detailed understanding of evolving threat trends and the technical ability to implement, and configure existing security toolsets, and implement new security solutions.
- Drive the initiatives of building and implementing tools to automate security monitoring and tasks.
- Assist with developing solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities quickly and efficiently.
- Review, assess, and mitigate penetration tests and vulnerability assessments on information systems and infrastructure
- Drive the initiatives of reviewing the security aspects of applications and systems.
- Secure enterprise information by determining security requirements; planning, implementing and testing security systems; preparing security standards (i.e., hardening guides), policies and procedures.
- Manage and assess external threat trends and environment remediation
- Protect and defend: Identify, analyze, and mitigate threats to internal IT systems and networks. Perform threat hunting and log review to identify indicators of compromise.
- Develop, document and maintain security procedures
- Design, installation and support of security tools such as IPS/IDS, Splunk, Web & Email gateways – SPF, DKIM,& DMARC. Identity Management, Cloud Security, Checkpoint Firewalls, Darktrace
- Lead security projects from design, implementation to an operational phase.
- Ensure audit trails, system logs and other monitoring data sources are reviewed periodically and are in compliance with policies and audit requirements
- Creation, analysis and communication of security metrics to Head of IT
- Security incident response
- Act as a technical resource to departmental colleagues and business partners on IT security considerations
- Experience in IT security within a regulated industry
- Proven commercial experience in Splunk configuration & management
- Strong hands on knowledge of Checkpoint Firewalls, administration & design
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, or similar, with emphasis on Cyber Security or CISSP, GCIA
- Proven ability to work under pressure in emergencies, with the flexibility to handle multiple high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Strong network security knowledge and hands on experience in Remote Access, VPN, DMZ architecture, Network Monitoring, Intrusion Detection, Server Security, Wireless Security, Vulnerability Scanning, Anti-malware and Anti-exploit management, and DLP
- Advanced knowledge of WAN/LAN & Ipv4/Ipv6 security as it pertains to networking protocols and connectivity to/from outside resources
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision
- Excellent career path available for the right candidate.
- Healthcare Plan and additional staff wellbeing programme
- Ongoing training and development
- Excellent working environment and team culture
- Excellent on-site facilities