Electrical Engineer / Test Engineer - High and Low Frequency RF
£40000 - £50000 + 25 + 8 Holiday, Pension, Healthcare, Early Friday Finish
Electrical or Electronics Engineer with RF experience required by a leading supplier, designer and manufacturer of high technology offering excellent career advancement opportunities
The role will be suited to an experienced Electrical, Electronics or Test Engineer from a high technology background with High or Low Radio Frequency experience. A background in Medical Devices, MRI's or Semi-Conductors would be highly advantageous but any technical experience will be considered. You will have strong Electrical or Electronic circuitry experience; design experience is preferred but not essential. Practical experience or testing new electronic components is an important aspect to this position.
The core function of the position is to take the lead in defining test procedures for integrated parts and outsourced modules. You will conduct first line diagnosis of production and field issues associated with RF and test procedures to determine root cause and a practical solution. You will use your testing and electrical / electronics knowledge to find the solution to any problems that present. The Engineer will manage the commissioning of Automatic Test Equipment. You will lead the test team, training and certifying the engineers to use the correct test documents, procedures and equipment.
The company are a renowned Manufacturer of high specification tools for a number of the world's leading technology, scientific and industrial organisations, the candidate will have the opportunity to develop and grow with the company as they press on into new and exciting sectors.
The Role in brief:
- Practical testing of new components
- Support the test document author for content and expertise by defining, implementing and maintaining test schedules and methods.
- Manage commissioning of cost-effective test equipment, ensuring compatibility with legacy products where practical.
- Train and certify Test Engineers in the correct use of test plans, procedures and equipment.
- Provide support for the test team when escalation of issues is needed.
- Provide support for our field service team when escalation of issues is needed.
- Analyse failure reports from the field and final test and modify test points in order to minimise \ eradicate future occurrences.
- Provide consultative RF design advice for engineering design and project teams.
The Person Required
- HNC / Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineer
- Radio Frequency (RF) knowledge, High and Low Frequency
- Programming and Software experience is advantageous but not essential
- Electronic / Electrical circuit design knowledge is preferred