Our client a leading engineering contractor has an excellent opportunity for an experienced HSE Leader, competent with working within high-risk large scale EPC projects within an industrial / construction environment.
We are looking for someone with the ability to lead and develop a strong HSE function, ensuring compliance with all regulations regarding the health and safety of people and the environment.
You will also be required to provide support and guidance to operational areas in accordance with defined legislative and contractual requirements.
- Implement and lead the HPC HSE function, ensuring suitable and sufficient HSE resources are allocated and managed in accordance with the various work packages for HPC
- Provide a leading role / point of reference for CDM regulatory and UK legislative compliance and application
- Leading and maintaining a strong HSE culture throughout all aspects of the project delivery
- Ensuring the HSE Management System policies and procedures are devised, implemented and embedded across all aspects of the project work scopes, within allocated milestone delivery requirements
- Development and implementation of HSE Management Plans, Emergency Plans, Security Plans and associated guidelines for all phases of EPC projects
- Oversee the development and application of project specific RAMS in accordance with Client Construction Phase Plan and contractual obligations
- Ensuring HSE processes are followed and key behaviours are embedded across the project work packages, including inter-departmental liaison both in the UK and Internationally within the organisation
- Define project HSE objectives and KPI’s in conjunction with the Project Director, ensuring they are cascaded and adopted within the project work packages
- Report on project HSE performance targets / KPI’s
- Monitor the project HSE performance and recommend strategic corrective actions to the Project Director to ensure that HSE targets and compliance are met and maintained
- Develop and implement robust HSE inspection and audit regimes that effectively monitor compliance with contractual and statutory requirements
- Ensure all relevant HSE related training requirements are identified and oversee planning and delivery of any specific external specialist HSE courses as necessary
- Engage and liaise with Client HSE function, ensuring clear lines of communication are maintained, developing a positive, transparent level of engagement
- Managing and developing internal and external stakeholder relationships with regards to HSE matters
- Visibly disseminating experience and knowledge within operational work sites
- Overseeing the application of effective incident response, reporting, investigation and follow-up to ensure root causes are established and appropriate actions are identified and closed out
- Manage the flow of HSE information to provide regular updates/briefings to Management and Employees on new regulations, practices and initiatives
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the position holder may be required to perform other HSE related duties as may arise in connection with the successful execution of the project work scope or as assigned by the Project Director.
- Experience as a HSE Manager and leading HSE resources
- Knowledge of CDM Regulations and experience of EPC project delivery under CDM
- UK HSE Legislation
- Knowledge and experience of all phases of Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning projects
- Auditing / Inspection
- Incident Management & Investigation
- Management System Standards – ISO 45001 and ISO 14001
- Experienced in the development of EPC project HSE documentation
- Experience with large, high potential risk, industrial / construction projects
- H&S Degree / NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Environmental Qualification i.e. IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management
- CDM 2015 Coordinator / Management Qualification
- CMIOSH status
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.