Are you a successful Structural Engineer looking to stand out and progress your career? Are you looking to make a difference in a forward-thinking business engaged in company-wide Continuous Improvement? My client is a profitable, long-standing heavy manufacturing business with multiple sites, based in South Yorkshire. The business understands its people are the key to its success and are building a first-class team.
This is an opportunity to play a key part in a wider major investment project across the group including a £multi-million automated manufacturing plant. Reporting to the Managing Director you will be in charge of the day to day running of the technical department, including: supervising a Technical Advisor; providing solutions to technical issues; advising Architects, Engineers and Customers on product specifications; specifying products, take offs to customers’ briefs and structural analysis; design and specifications of structural elements (foundations, beams, modular tanks, retaining walls etc).
- You will be personable as well as a good communicator who can influence others.
- Attention to detail and numerical accuracy is essential.
- Essential extensive experience in designing structural elements using concrete or steel.
- Candidates from the following industries will be considered: manufacturing, engineering or construction/civil engineering.
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Ideally good working knowledge of AutoCAD but being able to run the calculations is more critical.
An excellent remuneration package is offered to include a starting salary of circa £50k-£55k. If you want an opportunity to lead a technical department and to make a real impact please click apply to submit your details.