This UK’s leading independent manufacturer are committed to sustainability with bold thinking, continuous improvements and unprecedented results. As part of new investment and strategic growth the company are now seeking to recruit a dynamic Engineering Manager to manage, lead and motivate the engineering teams at group level across key sites to ensure they reach their full potential.
You will have the technical expertise and market leading knowledge of mechanical/electrical maintenance and deliver OEE (overall equipment efficiency) whilst maintaining budgetary control.
- To implement the group maintenance & engineering initiatives to ensure maximum equipment effectiveness making best use of all available resources.
- To lead and deliver the sites capital projects and plans to deliver growth and improvements.
- Plan and deliver effective equipment maintenance activities.
- Ensure all engineering tasks are carried out in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Develop thorough engineering procedures and ensure compliance.
- Ensure all statutory legal inspections are carried out as scheduled within the allotted time frame.
- Ensure that business systems such as SAP are being used effectively to develop a planned maintenance strategy. Support the development of these systems within the engineering function.
- Manage the engineering stock and purchase functions to ensure essential spares are available, whilst controlling costs and considering best value.
- Manage engineering and maintenance spend, identifying cost reduction opportunities across all sites.
- Recruit, train, develop, motivate and manage the engineering team.
- In coordination with the CI manager, identify and implement cost saving projects
- Implement an effective services, building and grounds maintenance programme working in partnership with 3rd party.
- Manage and control engineering contractor activity ensuring full compliance to site procedures and standards.
- Implement approved capital projects, meeting quality, safety and operational standards
- Recognised Engineering qualification, essential HNC/HND Desirable degree.
- Minimum of 5 years manufacturing management
- Financial awareness and business acumen
- Project management experience
- Effective communication, influencing and networking skills
- Effective planning, organizational & prioritization skills
- An understanding/qualification in 5s, Six Sigma or lean thinking would be an advantage
This is a unique opportunity to make you mark within a leading UK organisation that can give you the opportunity to fully influence and implement your significant engineering skills. This company invest in their people and clearly understand that their employees are their competitive edge.