Purpose of the role:
To undertake both daily and project work to improve our production processes and workplace organisation within manufacturing, driving down cost and improving efficiency & output quality.
- To analyse and review production machinery capability & OEE and lead continuous improvement projects from data findings to enable performance improvements.
- To document and review existing manufacturing processes, analyse capability and identify improvements required, feeding back into registered SOP’s.
- To support NPI process with feedback on limitations of manufacturing capability and alignment with company process.
- To recommend & implement top level changes to factory machinery, layout & programming software in order to regulate and improve our manufacture processes.
- Drive improved product and process quality by working closely with QC in identifying manufacturing issues and implement control solutions.
- Own individual yearly objectives & support company continuous improvement projects to improve PRMF processes. (VE/CI)
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Experience of structured continuous improvement projects
- Practical knowledge of process analysis and capability studies
- Demonstrated understanding of modern LEAN manufacturing principles & industrial machinery
- Project Management capability: critical thinking, SMART objectives and delivery to quality, time and budget.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively at various levels throughout an organisation
- Effective written and verbal communication & reporting
- Understanding and analysis of financial impacts of change
- Demonstrated persistence in achieving agreed goals and objectives
- Discipline to conclusively deliver projects to deliver full benefit of change
- Comfortable challenging the status quo at various levels throughout an organisation
- Comfortable with delivering change that impacts workplace headcount
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- LEAN/Six Sigma methodology qualification
- Degree level education in manufacturing or Industrial or 3 years+ practical experience equivalent
- Proven record of leading structured improvement projects and delivering to project definition
- Experience of the furniture mass-manufacture industry or similar high-volume manufacture industry