Operations Manager required for a 1st Tier Automotive Supplier. Senior Management role based in Liverpool
Our client is a leading Manufacturing company and 1st Tier Supplier. They are a global company with operations in Liverpool
The Company assemble and supply products and solutions world-wide to the automotive OEM's. As a consequence the Company must remain in compliance with the latest and expected Industry and Customer standards in respect of Quality, Cost and Delivery.
The Company ensures that a customer and product focus is maintained by dividing the organisation into specific Customer Product Groups.
The overall objective is to be the supplier of choice by being able to develop, design, assemble and supply product to an ever-increasing standard of excellence. With the quality goal being zero defects, the company is established as the centre of excellence for the Design, Development and Industrialisation of all products.
You will manage and lead the Manufacturing Department. Your role will require you to develop strong relationships within Paint, Mould, Assembly, MP & L, Finance, HR, Quality, Programme Management and Commercial. In addition you will foster and develop excellent relationships with customers.
- Health, Safety and Environmental awareness is one of your main priorities ensuring that the department staff adhere to HS&E legislation. .
- Full operational responsibility for Manufacturing for your business unit
- Full budget responsibility for the department.
- Implement and develop key measurables to identify and drive business improvements within the department.
- Lead the development and implementation of significant improvements in department wide processes, procedures and systems.
- Develop a continuous improvement philosophy with goals and timelines.
- Responsible for the launch of new products and change management within the department.
- Implement standard operating procedures across all areas of responsibility.
- Manage staff at all levels in an efficient and flexible manner.
- Ensure staff are adequately trained and qualified.
- Mentor staff in an approachable and constructive manner.
- Maintain and develop the emphasis on ownership and accountability throughout the department.
- Maintain and develop the delivery of finished products in line with cost, quality and production schedule requirements.
- Communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
This represents a brief outline of the role and is by no means exhaustive. The post-holder will be expected to undertake duties as appropriate to the position and grade.
- Automotive operations management role within a 1st Tier Supplier at senior management level
- Proven management experience within a senior operations role, within the automotive vehicle build manufacturing process.
- Graduate Calibre or equivalents
- Experience in the first tier automotive manufacturing sector
- Ability to manage staff at differing levels.
- Strong communication skills - very customer focused.
- Ability to assess and upgrade procedures and systems.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- A team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Versatile and a self-starter able to work without supervision.
Strong Leadership capabilities and the ability to demonstrate this is the most important aspect in securing this role as long as you fit the above criteria.
Excellent salary plus car allowance, bonus and benefits