As BIM Manager you will be accountable to the Senior Programme Manager and Head of Major Projects, Frameworks & Contracts for the management of asset information throughout the whole life cycle of infrastructure & major capital projects. You will be responsible for developing and implementing a Building Information Modelling (BIM) strategy which will inform the Infrastructure & Projects Directorate (IPD) Digital Strategy and deliver value through the creation, collation and exchange of shared digital models, including the associated intelligent structured data.
Please note that application forms must be submitted ‘online’ before noon on Thursday 06th August 2020 so early application is advisable.
As BIM Manager your new role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Development and implementation of a BIM strategy, project BIM brief and employers information requirements for a Flagship project and wider IPD
- Responsible for providing BIM support to wider infrastructure & projects capital projects
- Responsible for reviewing, auditing and reporting on the quality of the submitted documentation and models against the employer's information requirements and industry best practice
- Coordination and development of project designs through BIM processes such as 4D/ 5D
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a BIM deliverable programme for each project
- Liaise with the Infrastructure Digital Project Manager to establish the hardware, software and training required to integrate BIM into business as usual across Infrastructure & Projects
- Support the implementation of an ISO55000 compliant Asset Management System
- Manage, embed and support the implementation of BIM Level 2 into business as usual, and then drive continual improvement
- Be the Subject Matter Expert to inform the BIM element of the IPD digital strategy and future IPD digital plans.
A full job description and application form can be provided upon request.
Essential experience should include the following:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in developing and implementing BIM processes on large multidisciplinary building or infrastructure projects in accordance with BS/ PAS1192.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant construction related subject e.g. Architecture, Civil Engineering
- In-depth understanding of the current government-mandated BIM Level 2 requirements & BS/ PAS 1192/ ISO 19650 suite of documents
- Experience in producing or developing EIR’s and reviewing/ auditing BIM models and associated data drops against the EIR requirements
- Understanding of BIM project processes, workflows, contractual obligations and responsibilities between various members of the design team
It would be Desirable if candidates had any of the following:
- Experience of NEC Contracts
- BIM qualification
If you feel this "BIM Manager” role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown.
Please contact Wellington Professional Recruitment if you would like to discuss the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.