Dedicated Service & Commissioning Engineer with solid electrical drives & PLC controls background urgently required to join one of the most experienced players in the systems integration market. This client has an excellent reputation for delivering complete turnkey projects to a worldwide client base and are a leading UK automation solutions provider and systems integrator. Working on complete Electrical Control Systems, the Service & Commissioning Engineer will provide prompt, thorough support to customers both on-site and remotely for a range of equipment including PLC, AC/DC drives, general control gear and robots.
- Carry out routine maintenance, servicing and breakdown repairs of equipment as necessary
- Support installation, commissioning activities, field troubleshooting and upgrade work
- Provide technical support to customers on-site and remotely
- Participate as a member of an on-call rota for out of hours support
- Provide a high quality service to customers
- Be pro-active in supporting other company activities such as supporting fellow engineers, training, and assisting with sales and site support
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Ideally HNC/HND in relevant discipline
- Previous experience of control systems and / or industrial drives and/or robots
- Highly computer literate
- Ability to work either individually or as part of a team
Knowledge and experience of some of the following is a requirement:
- PLC – Siemens TIA Portal and/or Rockwell ControlLogix
- Variable speed drives, AC DC and Servo – Siemens OR ABB OR Rockwell OR Control Techniques OR SSD
- SCADA – Siemens WinCC/TIA OR Rockwell RSView OR IFix OR Wonderware InTouch
- COMMS – FieldBus OR EtherNet OR Profibus OR ProfiNet OR ModBus
We would also be very interested to see CV’s of candidates with solid robot ability.
The Service & Commissioning Engineer will have excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills and will be confident and proactive with an organised approach to work. You will also be prepared to take part in a 24/7 on-call rota which will be 1 in 4 – an additional allowance will be paid.
We are seeking candidates based in the North West or North Midlands area with ideal locations being Stoke-on-Trent, Stafford, Manchester, Warrington, Chester etc
If you are well organised and have excellent communication skills please contact Sarah Clarke on (phone number removed) or (phone number removed) for more information