Assembly Technician / Fitter
Fabriweld Ltd is an international design and manufacturing company providing high quality steel, aluminium and polymer product solutions to AV, HiFi, healthcare and corporate furniture markets. An opportunity has arisen for an Assembly Technician / Fitter to help with exciting growth plans, including new products going into the market.
Key role and responsibilities:
- Promote the Companies health and safety standards, ensuring a safe working environment.
- Working with the Area Supervisor, ensuring materials and parts for the build are correct against the job card, drawings, to produce to the customers quality requirements
- Undertake and take responsibility for first off quality checks, and continued quality checks through the batch production run.
- Supporting the Area Supervisor in ensuring that relevant paperwork and documentation is met in line with our company reporting software.
- Liaising with the Area Supervisor in prioritising work to match production schedules.
- Supporting the implementation of 5S housekeeping tool to ensure the shop floor is kept neat, tidy and safe.
- Previous experience of assembling different products, small to medium sub assemblies and machined parts, basic electronic plug and play installing would be an advantage as would previous experience in an automotive / engineering production setting.
- Good engineering background, able to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Quality checking against drawings.
- Experience on engineering machinery such as tube lasers, laser cutting, pemming etc an advantage, as would an FLT licence.
The Company is based on the Lenton industrial estate, Nottingham
Pay is £9.50 -£10.50 per hour depending on experience, standard hours are 07.30 till 4pm, OT also available. Time and attendance bonus also available.
If you want to hear more about this role please send us your CV by clicking 'apply now'!