Trainee Area Support Technician
Location – Northern Ireland (Belfast)
Working hours – 35 per week
Reporting to – Enhanced Area Support Technician
Hospedia is the UK’s leading operator of Point of Care software and services, with over 20 years experience in the field. Our solutions are used in more than 130 hospital sites across the NHS, offering patient media and WiFi.
Our Trainee Area Support Technician (TASTs) will be trained to be customer facing technical contacts for a local ‘cluster’ of Hospitals that host Hospedia services and equipment. The role involves interacting with customers at the bedside in Hospital and with hospital staff and other contacts on the site.
You will be trained to take operational responsibility for a designated cluster of circa 900 beds, and should be self driven and committed to the maintenance and success of Hospedia services within your area. The training will cover the practical technical skills and knowledge that are key to delivery of our services, and also the soft skills that are required to provide great customer service on site.
Local travel will be required to all hospital sites in your designated cluster.
All the below will be part of the training, and coaching by the Enhanced Area Support Technician (EAST):
- Responsible for creating and agreeing variances to your weekly working schedule with support from your Team Leader and EAST. Working to targets to complete your daily work schedule.
- Carrying out Health and Safety checks to ensure equipment is fit for purpose.
- Carrying out checks on faulty Bedside Units and replacing parts if required to minimise customer service disruption and maximise uptime.
- Low level fault resolution to site systems, for example server restarts or satellite receiver reboots.
- Working closely with the Maintenance and Repair team and Regional Engineers as required to resolve faults that cannot be easily fixed at the bedside.
- Regularly monitoring Vending Machine usage and ensuring they are working.
- Frequent engagement with customers (patients, their friends and family) supporting with the use of the service and to resolve any problems or escalate these if required. Managing customer expectations in a professional and polite manner.
- Regular engagement with hospital staff to build rapport and support the use of our services.
- Cleaning and preparing faulty stock and equipment for collection and return to the Repair Centre.
- Monthly administration including banking, audits, stock ordering.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
For this role there is no requirement for formal Engineering qualifications or experience.
The successful candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- A determined drive to learn and use the knowledge and skills taught.
- Demonstrated logical, hands on, practical approach to electrical and mechanical problems. Ability to follow processes.
- Ability to work with a range of hand tools.
- Demonstrated experience of providing high levels of customer service, including listening to feedback or complaints and delivering swift pragmatic solutions.
- A Disciplined, discreet and professional approach to work.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritise effectively and work to deadlines.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people.
- A good level of computer literacy and keyboard skills, including knowledge of basic packages such as MS Office Word and Excel.
- Flexibility of working hours. There is an element of out of hours cover required for regional health and safety matters, for which call out allowances will be paid.
- Full UK driving license and your own vehicle.
- Previous experience of working with Vending Machines and payphones.
The normal hours of work are 35 hours per week, between the hours of 8:00am and 6:00pm.
Hospedia services operate 7 days a week therefore some weekend or out of hours working may be required.
Statutory Bank Holidays are normal working days on our Hospital sites but you may book holiday on Bank Holidays with approval from your Line Manager.