Working within our integrated engineering team at our production facility in Wakefield you will produce general assembly models and drawings from the engineer's concept layout brief and develop detailed manufacturing drawings for fabrications and hydraulic manifolds using Creo software.
With a busy order schedule you must be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently, with a focus on the detail, as well as collaborate with the wider team to deliver results. You will need to build good working relationships with the engineers, production control and purchasing teams as well as your colleagues in both Wakefield and St Neots. You will occasionally be expected to travel to other sites for training or meetings.
Successful applicants must have strong CAD skills, including experience in 3D modelling, with experience in at least one of the following:
- Design of hydraulic power units and assemblies.
- Fabrication design and detailing.
- Structural analysis of lifting frames using calculations or simulation output from 3D CAD software.
Experience in any of the following would be an advantage:
- Fluid power pipework systems.
- Fabrication techniques / methods of manufacture.
- Fabrication rules associated with DNV (or similar approval) – appraisal typically to DNV2.7.1 / DNV2.7.3.
- Selection of carbon steel and stainless steel material grades, sections and appropriate finishes; optimised to match the specific application and environmental conditions advised by our engineering team.
We will also consider applications from those wanting to be based at our St Neots facility.