Cobham Aerospace Connectivity are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to be responsible for the design and development of Electronic Warfare products for use in demanding air, land and sea environments.
In this role you will be expected to be creative and innovative in the generation of concepts and designs using 3D CAD with knowledge of FEA simulation tools. Your responsibilities will include the generation of drawings and ERP data for both internal and external customers when required.
To liaise as appropriate with any other discipline to enable timely completion of the set tasks to achieve a universally appreciated outcome.
Appreciation of analyses software tools for thermal modelling and structural substantiation in support of designs would be an advantage but not essential.
This role is based at our offices in Bournemouth Airport, Dorset.
As a Mechanical Engineer your skills and experience should ideally include:
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering (alternatives considered)
Experience of engineering product life cycle and development phases.
- Experience of using 3D CAD packages, use of Solidworks would be an advantage
- Experience working within the Aerospace Sector or similar regulated industry
- Experience in electronics packaging for harsh environments
- An understanding of materials, treatments and finishes, and their environmental implications
- Experience of the airborne environment
- A proven ability to support change within an organisation
- Appreciation of FEA and CFD tools to simulate mechanical behaviour
- Able to work both as part of a team and as an individual.
- Good communication skills written and verbal.
- Able to determine their own priorities
- Ability to work with minimum of supervision
- Adaptable to changes in priorities and willingness to resolve queries from all
As a Mechanical Engineer your key responsibilities will include:
Support to the Principal for mechanical requirements
Produce concept and detailed designs using 3D CAD including electronics packaging ensuring that solutions are fit for purpose and cost effective.
Experience of Generating, amending and Peer review of drawings and documentation to appropriate standards including BS8888 & Def Stan. 05-10 and Bills of Materials if required.
Undertake tolerance analysis of designs including Geometric Dimensioning and tolerancing.
Continuous improvement of processes and tools including support to corporate change initiatives
Work package Management including the management of subcontractor work packages and statement of work generation
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity
Manufacturers of secure, reliable communications and navigation systems
We are innovative system integrators with a pedigree of capability in Communications, Navigation and Electronic Warfare for aerospace and defence. Through continual innovation, we are able to supply highly resilient, totally dependable systems with low through-life costs that deliver outstanding performance and value. Our air, land and maritime products include Antenna Systems, Anti-Jam GPS, Radio, Audio, Air Traffic Management Systems and Electronic Warfare.