Omexom is a brand through which VINCI Energies undertakes its Transmission & Distribution activities. Omexom specialise in the design, supply, installation, maintenance and commissioning of electrical infrastructures for a varied range of electricity utility companies and renewable energy developers throughout the UK and Ireland.
Due to growth, a Design Engineer is required by Omexom UK Transmission overhead line Business Unit. The requirement is to support the operational teams during both tender and implementation stages of projects with a wide range of transmission overhead line design activities.
- Ability to take responsibility for all design elements of new build and refurbishment of overhead transmission lines in the UK
- Preferable BSc/BEng in Structural or Civil Engineering with 5 Years OHL design and construction industry experience.
- Must have a detailed understanding of the latest OHL design practices, standards and analysis software systems.
- Must have suitable site experience in a supervisory role, which should include foundation setting out/construction, structure assembly/erection, conductor erection and temporary works.
- To appoint and provide training where necessary and manage design staff in accordance with the Business Unit strategy, and to ensure effective management of the design team
- Business development with DNOs and TSOs, including prospecting, tendering and delivering design services.
- The management of all design elements within tender and construction phases of construction contracts.
- Representing Omexom UK within the global Omexom engineering network/clubs
- The review and cascading of current industry standards.
- The Safety, Health and Environmental awareness of all design staff.
- The quality of ALL design submissions.
- Discharging the responsibilities of the Designer under the CDM regulations.
- The promotion and enforcement of company procedures to design staff
- The review of method statements/risk assessments
- The development and implementation of new industry software where applicable.
- Business Unit Manager
- Project Managers
- TOHL Designer/Civils Designer/Tower Designer
- Site Manager
- Estimating/Planning Engineer
- Key Subcontractors and Suppliers
VINCI Energies is a community of incredible people, empowered to create world-changing industrial, digital and energy infrastructures. Our vision to create a better future sits at the heart of everything we do. At Omexom you are free to be who you are and what you want to be. You can be part of a community that fosters entrepreneurial spirit and supports you in your personal development.
We offer a flexible working environment with strong benefits such as 25 days holidays, matched pension contributions and healthcare benefits. We’re a team of enthusiastic entrepreneurs continuously seeking to deliver the promises of the digital and energy revolutions. Our culture is reflected in our values which we embody by empowering and bringing together amazing people:
- Bonus scheme
- Share save scheme
- Medicash healthcare plan
- 25 days holiday + statutory entitlement
- Hours per week: 40+
Interested candidates should forward a CV and clearly demonstrate how they meet the above criteria on their CV, as this information will be used for short-listing purposes.
Omexom is an Equal Opportunities Employer