The expediter will be part of the Production team and will be the key link between planning, purchasing and production. Purchasing will be responsible for placing bulk orders with vendors and suppliers; The key function of the expediter will be to call off and maintain the movement of materials from vendors and suppliers and ensure that the materials are delivered in line with the production/site installation schedules - on time in full and to the agreed quality standard.
It will be the responsibly of the expediter to work with the suppliers and internal teams to resolve any delays or missed dates within the supply chain. There will be a close working relationship with shipping and transport companies to prevent delays and to effectively manage transport costs.
The main aspects of the role will be to:
- To ensure all materials required by the factory are received on time and to the required quality
- Monitor & maintain key programme parameters and schedule to ensure they are up to date and furnished with the latest information from suppliers
- Expediting and taking responsibility for call off orders and progression with suppliers
- Measure and control the reliability of suppliers through KPI reporting focusing on cost, quality and delivery
- Manage & meet with key suppliers to manage/drive KPI’s
- Maintain measures and continuous improvement plans to improve delivery performance & service levels
- Liaise with the production/planning teams to ensure they are fully up to date with latest delivery information and status from suppliers
- Ensure any excess, aged stock is reported on monthly and is kept to a minimum
- Report out to key stakeholders by exception any issues related to supplier delivery failures
- Ensure compliance with project and production plans, oversee activities related to receiving and dispatching shipments such as confirming accuracy of orders
- Generate reports on work in progress, completion dates, production challenges, stock levels, costs and exception reports
- Follow the progress of an order with suppliers and initiate remedial action to allow production activities to stay on track
- Collaborate with project/site teams and provide information for project review meetings, identify delayed and potential problems with a view to maintaining schedules
- Ensure cost efficiencies are achieved with transport and examine invoices to check for any inconsistencies, such as mischarges
The successful candidate will be an experienced Materials Planner/Expeditor with experience of MRP systems, with a willingness to develop this role. To cover all project requirements, candidates must be willing to commit to travel as and when required.