They work out of their design and manufacturing facility in London, working on the entire life cycle of their products with you being able to see your creation come to life. The working environment is certainly one to envy and their facility truly encapsulates the backbone of the organisation with information on its history and its future to hand.
The candidate we are looking for in the role of Design Engineer will ideally possess;
- Degree Educated in either Mechanical or Product Design Engineering
- Holding 5 years' experience outside of education in a design focused positon
- The preferred CAD experience would be Solidworks (others can be considered)
- Having worked on the full life cycle in designing consumer products or sporting goods would be advantageous to a Design Engineer taking up this post
- Knowledge of Manufacturing techniques; welding, CNC, die casting, injection moulding, forging are ideal
This iconic product is in need of a Design Engineer with imagination, a strong portfolio of work and someone who is able to design competently down to component level. There is still great room for improvement and development with the product line, they feel they have only just scrapped the surface and the scope is huge!
The typical responsibilities for the role of Design Engineer will include;
- Supporting and leading the generation of new concepts from project brief
- Conduct research & drive design direction on relevant projects (trends and tech etc)
- Looking at what manufacturing techniques/methods are best
- Working with Production and Purchasing teams, as well as Marketing and Sales
- Present new ideas through, sketching, prototyping and CAD visuals to senior management
It is truly a great time to join and we look forward to receiving your application. For further information please contact James Ewart at Orion or apply within. (don't forget please have your portfolio readily available).
Orion Electrotech Ltd acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003.
By applying for this position please take a few moments to view our Privacy Notice on our Orion website which details how we retain and process your data. Alternatively please give us a call so we can discuss this with you.