Engineering Shift Team Manager / Maintenance Manager – Automation / Manufacturing
Competitive Salary and excellent benefits with progression opportunities
I am currently looking to recruit an Engineering Shift Team Manager / Maintenance Manager to join my client based in Thurrock, Essex.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- To lead the Maintenance Engineers and Facilities Technicians in providing both a reactive and pro-active, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure within the ( Automated Distribution Centre )
Your role as the Engineering Team Manager / Maintenance Manager will include:
- Day to day supervision of shift engineers and technicians and maintenance shift members including prioritisation and allocation of workload
- Working closely with inbound, outbound, and other support teams on a daily basis to ensure direction of labour, and planned engineering activities fully support operations.
- Be proactive in the development of team members, Advise, lead and motivate team members, assess capability and identify and resolve training and skill requirements, be involved in disciplinary issues.
- Assessment of engineering team skills and assisting in upskilling and training of staff, including integration of first line maintenance of plant and equipment.
- Management and development of department processes; including shift handovers, briefs, and defect reporting/resolving
- Reporting and monitoring of data capture for automation and maintenance activities
- Ability to lead from the front, driving pace accuracy and standards. As part of this be competent and experienced as an Engineer in own right, either mechanically or electrically, although must be familiar and competent with both streams of engineering to enable decision making.
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software, this may include, but is not limited to:
- HNC Engineering, equivalent relevant Degree coupled with relevant applied learning, Engineering Technician Apprenticeship, Electrical and/or mechanical skills preferably gained in an FMCG background to at least NVQ 3
- Experience at a management or supervisory level within an automated environment
- Good organisational ability and the ability to plan and prioritise.
- Sound analytical skills with an eye for detail; good problem solving ability and a practical approach.
- Comprehensive understanding of production, picking and storage MH systems, gained from experience in an automated environment.
- Experience of a FMCG environment.
- Experience of working with Computerised maintenance management systems
- Numerate and PC literate including Word, Excel etc.
Please note. This is shift based role that will include weekends and nights.
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV.
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.