GBP40,000 - GBP45,000
We are working with a client who are looking for a talented Engineering Manager who will uphold their high standards of maintenance and then work to improve them yet further in their new purpose built workshop.
Part of your role is efficient keeping of engineering records, this role requires leadership on the shop floor. You will need sound technical knowledge and youll be able to diagnose and rectify faults with our fleet of Volvo buses and coaches and Mercedes minibuses, youll be skilled at allocating tasks efficiently to your team, and will expect them to deliver high-quality results while following company procedures. Above all, your attention to detail will ensure that the health and safety of their customers and of their depot is never compromised.
The premises are Irtech accredited and this would be a requirement, as well as very good IT skills as they operate a Vehicle Maintenance System and stock control.
The engineering workshop opens at 05.00 and closes at 19.00 Monday - Friday, and a rota is in place for a 24 hour on call rota for the engineers.
· Ensuring that sufficient buses are always available for service, including spares
· Ensuring that the engineering team is fully tasked and motivated
· Ensuring that buses and workshop are safe and well maintained
· Communicating effectively and professionally with the operations team
· Maintaining accurate records
· Ensuring that the companys procedures are followed throughout the workshop
· Attending weekly compliance and health & safety meetings
Skills, Experience and Qualifications are essential:
· Relevant engineering qualification(s), such as NVQ, HNC, BTEC
· Irtech qualified
· Full UK driving licence plus PCV licence
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.