Purpose of the Job:
Manufacturing engineer focused on scale-up of the fuel cell manufacturing equipment and processes. Research, investigate and develop new and existing manufacturing solutions for High Volume Manufacture, whilst providing engineering support to current processes.
- Manufacturing engineering of the Fuel Cells.
- Organise parts, building and paperwork for prototypes.
- Interface with engineering, test and systems.
- Set up production cells.
- Keep up to date on technology and products.
- Research and investigate new solutions to manufacturing problems.
- Develop current manufacturing processes and product for High Volume Manufacturability.
- Assist in the acquisition of new equipment, including planning for delivery and commissioning.
- Develop supplier relationships.
- Assist in the design of production intent tooling and fixtures.
- Provide support for manufacturing operations.
- Liaise with manufacturing operations and research and development to solve problems.
- Ensure equipment performs within the expected ranges of performance, troubleshooting those that do not.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- BEng or HND in Manufacturing Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Hands on engineer.
- Detail understanding of ‘Design for Manufacture’.
- Aptitude for mechanical work including the understanding of basic mechanical processes.
- Experienced in the design of fixtures and tooling.
- Experienced in using SPC, and DOE for process control and development.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- H&S understanding.
- AutoCad & Pro Engineer.
Highly desirable skills & experience:
- Chemical processing.
- Ceramics deposition processing.
- Laser machining.
- Automated production line design and build.
- Six Sigma trained.
- Lean trained.
- An understanding of ISO9001.
To hear more about this opportunity, apply through the link and we will call you to discuss the position and company im more detail.