Cobham Mission Systems are recruiting for a Design Quality Engineer due to an internal promotion.
The purpose of this role is to is to design review process compliance, and implementation of proactive Quality tools, and investigations. Act as the voice of the Customer to ensure the agreed requirements are met. Drive up standards and foster a right first time culture. Provide preventive, corrective action and containment activities. Act as Quality focal within Design Teams delivering Quality solutions and to be responsible for Quality Management System compliance and improvement.
This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Design Quality Engineer, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Engineer - HND/HNC or equivalent experience
- Worked within a complex technically demanding design environment
- Good working knowledge of Quality Standards such as AS9100, AS9110, Part 21 (G), Part 145, DAOS
- Good working knowledge of AS9145, APQP, PPAP, FAIR, PFMEA, MSA, Cont Plan
- Actively implemented structured problem solving and robust Root Cause and Corrective Action techniques e.g. 8D, RCCA, 5-Why
- Knowledge of APQP (Advanced product quality planning) an advantage
- Actively implemented proactive and preventive Quality techniques
As a Design Quality Engineer, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Key interface into Office of Chief Engineers
- AS9145 Advanced Part Quality Planning leadership and implementation
- Governance and oversight of Design Projects through the development process
- Design Quality Support to technically complex investigations / improvement projects
- Ensuring Quality plans are implemented and translated into robust production process controls
- Engineering design data approvals; drawings, PATs, Design Specs
- Airworthiness signatories to support DDP release
- Change Control integrity - CRB attendance and engagement
- Manage and host Product Development auditing activities
- Completion of required First Article Inspections (AS9102) and ensure smooth transition of new products into production.
- NCR and FRACA management
- Root Cause, Problem Solving and process improvements
- Determination and implementation of Quality improvement initiatives within development lifecycle.
- Co-operate with management to meet the employer's legal duties; read and comply to the site Safety Health & Environment Policy; and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions
About Cobham Mission Systems
to watch our careers video and learn more about us.
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world's leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
to find out more about us and or check out our