My client is seeking to recruit an ambitious Civil Engineer. You will be responsible for the design of drainage, service, road infrastructure and earthworks on a broad range of housing projects. You will prepare associated drawings from concept stage through to construction and prepare Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements and Service Strategy Reports as well as the design of Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems from concept stage through to implementation.
You will need to provide technical input during the entire pre-development process, including land, planning and technical stages. In addition, you will be required to provide ongoing support to the commercial and build team during the construction phase, along with post-construction assistance with road and sewer adoptions.
You must have suitable experience in the management of consultants undertaking infrastructure design, including roads drainage and utilities, and geotechnical investigation. Knowledge of economic build methods, efficient design techniques and an understanding of the commercial process is also essential.
Skills & Qualifications
- Good communication and effective liaison with clients, architects, contractors and regulatory/statutory authorities are considered key attributes
- Candidates with a BEng or similar technical qualification/experience, and/or an HNC/HND with relevant knowledge gained in a design office environment
- An understanding of Section 104, 278 and 38 adoption procedures
- Excellent analysis and technical design skills in AutoCAD, MicroDrainage
- Strong written and verbal communicator
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.