Civil Engineer – Birmingham | £30,000 - £35,000
Civil Engineer based in Birmingham? Looking for support to become a Chartered Civil Engineer?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Civil Engineer to join a successful Birmingham-based multi-disciplinary consultancy which has been established for over 50 years. This independently-owned engineering consultancy has grown steadily to a team of around 30 professionals and deliver diverse projects in a range of sectors. The successful Civil Engineer can expect to work on complex commercial schemes such as office developments, industrial parks, mixed-use residential and more.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a consultancy environment and have knowledge of drainage & highways design and flood risk assessments. There will be a varied workload on offer and the opportunity to fill any knowledge or skill gaps. There is an ICE mentor within the business and the company will be on hand to support the successful Civil Engineer with achieving their chartered status.
As the Civil Engineer your responsibilities will include;
- Designing drainage using SuDs principles to satisfy current planning policy and Water Authority requirements
- Modelling drainage networks using MicroDrainage design software
- Working with PDS and Civils 3D on complex schemes
- Produce the information and drawings necessary for section 104, 106, 38 and 278 Agreements and handle the approval process liaising with the necessary approving authorities
- Carry out infrastructure design to comply with the relevant Building Regulations
- Attending site and design team meetings
Ideally, you will be qualified with MEng/BEng in Civil Engineering and passionate about becoming a Chartered Civil Engineer.
The successful Civil Engineer will have strong communication, analysis, technical design and drawing skills. You will be a self-motivated team player with confident people skills.
There is an attractive benefits package on offer to the successful Civil Engineer which includes;
- Competitive salary from £30,000 - £35,000
- A generous holiday allowance of 23 days p/a
- Continued training and support towards chartership
- Private healthcare
- Regular social events and team-building activities
- Competitive pension scheme
If this Civil Engineer vacancy sounds of interest to you, please get in touch to discuss the role and company in more detail.
Contact us today on (01392) ((phone number removed)) for more information!