Engineering Category Procurement Manager
The Automation Engineering department plan, configure, supply and fit all the engineering aspects of the Ocado Smart Platform into our clients’ automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world. We create and manage the detailed engineering plans ensuring efficient and effective delivery for our global clients.
Within the Automation Engineering department sits the Engineering supply chain function who are looking to recruit an Engineering Category Procurement Manager who will be responsible for procurement and delivery complex electro mechanical systems and equipment in UK and overseas, Taking ownership of the category against short lead times, to achieve business goals and objectives, whilst building relationships with suppliers to ensure long term cost reduction and delivery.
What will you be doing?
- Responsibility for key product stream within Ocado Engineering – both first and second tier suppliers
- Development, co-ordination and management of key suppliers
- Report relevant supplier KPIs and drive performance
- Ensure delivery schedules stay on plan, budget and meet specified Quality standards
- Expand Supplier base to satisfy international and scale requirements of future business needs.
- Risk identification and mitigation, anticipating supply chain challenges
- Take ownership of supply issues, resolving them in line with business need
- Recommend and implement process improvements to improve Supply Chain robustness.
- Communicate with project stakeholders to ensure alignment of projects and expectations.
- Drive best practice in Supply Chain and deliver continuous improvement
- Good track record of component sourcing and supply chain scaling within Europe and worldwide including legal contract management
- Proven track record in effective supplier development and management
- Experience of sourcing and procuring electro mechanical equipment in Engineering environment.
- Although based at our Hertfordshire head office, you will be expected to travel to sites both in the UK and abroad
- Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering company procurement strategies
- Ability to work in dynamic, team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- High level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and ERP software
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……