The main purpose of the Senior Test & Validation Engineer is to lead and manage Test & Validation programs in support of New Product Development, Solutions and Research groups. You will take ownership of the management of test program activities to the agreed schedule, quality and cost, including budget and resource. You will have responsibility for making decisions required to run agreed test project plans and give technical direction.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Test & Validation Engineer:
- To ensure planning, delivery and clear status reporting of all assigned development test program activities to the agreed schedule, quality and cost.
- To provide technical leadership and project management for the development and build of new test rigs and equipment including the management of capital investments.
- To input to or create appropriate processes and procedures to enable the testing of new and existing products to externally recognised standards.
- To take ownership of all elements of assigned product testing and validation for research, new product development, in service investigations, root cause analysis, field trial campaigns and competitor evaluations.
- To create proposals and plans to improve capabilities and remove process bottlenecks thus improving technical capabilities and / or department efficiency.
- To take part in development and promotion of good health and safety practices by working closely with other team members and EH&S department
- A track record of successful engineering project delivery, completed in collaboration with multi-functional engineering teams.
- Significant experience in test programme preparation, execution and reporting.
- Practical knowledge of design principles of electro-mechanical test rigs and setups, ideally for thermodynamics and fluid components and systems.
- Experience in the application of control, instrumentation and data acquisition systems
- Practical knowledge of analytical tools and good data analysis skills.
- Working under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple technical projects simultaneously.