Global Manufacturing Company. The role is based in Belfast
Survitec is a global leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine, energy, aerospace and defence markets. Throughout its 160 year history, it has remained at the forefront of innovation, design and application engineering and is the trusted name when it comes to critical safety and survival solutions. Survitec operates through two distinct businesses, for Marine and Aerospace & Defence. Together they have over 3,000 employees worldwide covering 8 manufacturing facilities, 15 offshore support centres and over 70 owned service stations. It is further supported by a network of over 500 3rd party service stations and distributors. By setting the global standard in critical safety and survival, Survitec protects over one million lives every day. The organisation is currently going through an exciting period of positive change, and this opportunity is based in the Marine business.
Responsible for the Dunmurry (in Belfast) Quality Team and reporting to the Head of Regional QHSE the role will involve the management, co-ordination and continuous improvement of the Company's Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental Management Systems, associated approvals and adherernce to the Company Policies.
To work as part of the Group QHSE team to provide support, advice and guidance to management on all QHSE issues.
- Manage, lead and develop the Dunmurry based Quality Team
- Ensure quality resources are aligned with both customer and site operational requirements.
- Responsible to the Head of Regional QHSE - NEU to assist in the achievement and delivery of annual targets in line with associated Primary Metrics and Key Performance Indicators.
- Report on Site quality performance and drive continuous improvement through the measurement of KPI's and management of corrective actions.
- Manage and control the quality department Budget.
- Particiapte and Champion in all Global QHSE Strategic improvements.
- Assist in the development of QHSE Management Systems ensuring implementation and adherence is maintained throughout the Region
- Provide feedback to the Regional QHSE Manager with all matters pertaining to QHSE.
- Assist in the Investigation of Quality and HSE non-conformances and provide advice and support as part of the QMS continual improvement process.
- Carryout internal, external audits in line with the Regional audit calendar.
- Assist in customer and third party QHSE audits/visits
- Ensure QHSE non conformances & Customer Complaints are investigated in line with company procedures.
- Provide QHSE advice for continuous improvement to Manufacturing and Service products and processes.
- Provide support, advice and guidance on all QHSE matters to site HSE Champions and Managers.
- Review/develop QHSE documented information to ensure compliance with regulatory, local and customer requirements as necessary
- Communicate urgent QHSE matters to the Regions by producing and issuing QHSE Alerts and Safety Bulletins.
- Monitor Legal Register in line with Regional activities.
- Liaise with the relevant authorities on all matters pertaining to QHSE where necessary
- Support change management activities within the Region
- Support Tender applications with the development of Quality Plans and HSE Plans
- Completion of QHSE Customer Questionnaires
- Support company projects throughout the Region where necessary
- Maintain/develop/contribute to professional QHSE knowledge and keep up to date with all required standards and legislation.
- Proven track record and experience in Quality Management Role
- Proven track record and experience in Health, Safety and Environment Management Role
- Experience of Aerospace, defence, automotive, or marine equipment quality management systems and standards. Other safety critical industrial manufacturing backgrounds may also be considered.
- Experience of Environmental standards (ISO 14001)
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills with all employees and management.
- Good RCCA and Problem-Solving experience, 7 STEP/8D Experience essential.
- Effective in communicating written reports, Quality and Safety investigations, presentation skills, creation of Quality plans & HSE Risk Assessments up to HAZOP level.
- Able to interpret HSE legislation and to present this for effective understanding and application.
- Strong people manager and leader who clearly demonstrates the ability to be able to motivate and develop a multi-skilled compliance team.
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health (Minimum)
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health (Desirable)
- Quality Assessor or Lead Assessor Certification (IRCA Desirable)
- Green belt or Black belt Lean Six Sigma (Desirable)
- Fluent in both English and French (desirable) - having French language skills as well would be extremely advantageous.
- Good Working knowledge of MS Office Suite , Including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
- Experience of Sharepoint, MS Teams, Q-PULSE,
Competitive salary and benefits