Production Manager – Competitive Salary – Manchester
Are you a mechanical engineer with leadership experience? A manufacturing company with an enviable reputation is seeking a Production Manager with a precision CNC, Turning and Milling background in plastics and metals to establish and maintain a safe and highly competitive production capability across the UK manufacturing facilities.
The successful candidate will optimise product and service costs while minimising waste and meeting customer demands in the shortest possible lead time.
The key responsibilities of a Production Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Driving productivity to achieve production cost targets.
- Management and development of production teams.
- Organising safety inspections, repairs and maintenance of production equipment, and ensuring compliance to Health & Safety regulations.
The company boasts an enviable manufacturing heritage dating back to its foundation in 1900. Providing world-class manufacturing of gaskets, seals and sealing technology solutions to companies and OEM’s worldwide; the company spans many specialist industry sectors.
The company is on track to become a global leader in its field through its ability to consistently deliver excellence, by virtue of its extensive manufacturing experience, high levels of technical expertise, full on-site support and customer service.
The key skills and qualities of a Production Manager:
- Minimum HNC or an equivalent mechanical engineering discipline, with more than 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience of interpreting mechanical drawings and customer specifications, reducing waste and increasingly productivity through CI tools and lean methodologies.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Driving license.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.