Engineering Team Leader – Marine Systems
Expleo have a requirement for an experienced Engineering Team Leader who will have responsibility for leading the engineering team to deliver Marine Defence projects to a key client.
This is a challenging but rewarding role and the candidate must be able to demonstrate their experience, and proven capability, to manage a team to deliver project objectives.
The Engineering Team Leader will be based out of Expleo Bristol offices and will report directly to the Business Manager.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who sets high standards in the service Expleo provide to our customers and understands the importance of getting results through a motivated and engaged workforce.
- Manages the engineering team to ensure that all deliverables defined in the Statement of Work (SoW) are achieved in terms of time and quality.
- Fully understand the Project contractual and legislative requirements and ensure these are clearly cascaded to the team.
- Integrates all the different technical functions of the project team to ensure that the technical requirements are met.
- Ensures resource capabilities and skill allocation are suitable for the project.
- Manage and control checking of deliverables
- Manage continuous process improvement
- Be the technical focal point of the team and build good working relationships with customers.
- In conjunction with the PM, hold regular meetings with project Team leaders, Task leaders and Team members as agreed at the start of the project to ensure that the project is on track.
- Supports Project Managers in planning activities and tracking progress against the plan and identifying and prioritising project dependencies.
- Provides input into Project Managers on additional scope and change impact.
- Provide technical governance to an engineering team and ensure the technical aspects of the project comply with the QMS.
- Ensures the Quality representative has RFT data, reviews the processed results and ensures corrective actions are communicated to team members.
- Supports Project Managers on continual risk assessments during the life of the project.
- Work with your team to identify, develop, test and deliver cost saving initiatives.
- Ensures Task initiation Forms are complete (technical, schedule and allocated hours) and distributed to the team members, where appropriate.
- Develop team members through new skills, adding responsibility and encouraging them to contribute to team activities.
- Develop all team members so they have an appreciation of the different functions that are involved in the delivery of the project.
- Create a positive and inclusive environment where people feel valued for the skills and knowledge that they bring to the team and build a team culture of shared events and rewarding behaviour.
- Support annual & mid-term appraisals and maintain constructive feedback throughout the year.
- Recommends training needs, to Head of Business & Chief Engineers, of individuals in support of the project.
- Experience of Marine hardware, systems and software requirements and standards would is essential.
- Experience in leading Engineering Teams to deliver complex multi-functional projects.
- Strong Engineering background for the capabilities listed
- Robust knowledge of the quality requirements of ISO9001
- Demonstrated experience in a customer facing engineering role.
- Marine Defence experience required
This role is working within the Marine Business Unit
Security & Nationality Restrictions
Recognising the secure nature of the work, suitable candidates will need to be UK Nationals only and capable of obtaining a full SC.