Fantastic new opportunity for Senior to Associate level electrical design engineers within the building services to join a leading M&E consultancy on a permanent basis in Birmingham. Our client is a large award-winning MEP consultancy with an excellent reputation for pioneering thinking, known for working on highly technical projects such as datacentres and commercial projects. Due to a high volume of demand for their services, they are looking for Electrical Design Engineers to specialise on datacentre projects on a permanent basis.
As the successful electrical design engineer, you will undertake a client facing role in the development, design and coordination of engineering project services. Our client is looking for a passionate and dedicated Design Engineer with excellent technical, design and software abilities. Within this role you will be assisting with developing and encouraging sustainable designs on projects. Not only is this a client facing role, but you will be involved heavily in the hands-on design aspects of projects, both supporting the more senior members of staff and mentoring the junior ones, as well as running projects yourself. The successful applicant will need to demonstrate skills within the following areas;
- Dynamic individuals with strong building services background and proven experience on datacentre projects.
- Chartered or working towards Chartered status
- Working knowledge of technical software including Amtech, Dialux, Relux and general calculation related software such as Autocad
- A track record of leading projects and teams and have good commercial awareness gained through your substantial experience
- Knowledge of sustainability and have a good knowledge of renewable energy systems
- Knowledge of existing standards and ability to develop requirements for new building service projects
- Excellent time management skills, demonstrating the capability to proactively implement plans, follow through with sustained execution, and to meet project milestones
- Forward thinking and able to anticipate problems
- Good supervisory qualities and experience, including excellent communication skills
- Highly motivated with the drive to take on new challenges
- Keen to progress within the company
As the ideal candidate you will be degree qualified or equivalent in the relevant subject area.
To apply for this job, you must be able to work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For further information please call Alex Whitefield at Blueprint Recruitment Solutions on (phone number removed), or send an email on and quote 19085AWF, or you can apply directly using the "Apply" option below.