If you want to work for a company that give you scope, freedom, and the remit to influence others. All within a well-established business, who embrace loyal staff and work on some remarkable projects which span across the UK and Europe.
Our Client is looking to recruit a Senior/Principal Mechanical Design Engineer to join its multidiscipline teams at their Manchester design studio to work in various sectors including Education and Commercial.
high level (Senior through to Director level) - ideally a high calibre engineer capable of delivering schemes of their own accord and support the partners and also bring a string to the bow with respect to generating business and getting involved in day to day running duties
The role will focus on:
• Key responsibilities include carrying out feasibility studies, Technical audits, participating in Bid presentation and deliverables, reference designs, detailed designs and preparing reports and technical specifications and proposals
• Provide designs for heating, ventilation, air conditioning and BMS solutions
• Work closely with other project engineers and multidisciplinary teams
• Attend client meetings, progress meetings and production of associated
• Working alongside junior engineers and being involved in their professional development
The ideal candidates will possess:
• HND/Degree in Mechanical Engineering and Building Services or equivalent in industry experience
• Experience in producing technical specifications, and managing all stages of multi-disciplinary projects from proposals and initial studies through to full design and construction management is required
• Experience in delivering Education projects and participation in the Bid/tender process.
• Excellent Mechanical Design skills
• Excellent problem solving and time management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Good mechanical/electrical aptitude and knowledge
• Awareness of the requirements/needs of a multidisciplinary team
• Self-motivated, highly organized and able to work autonomously or part of a larger project team
• Member or working towards Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
• Chartered Engineer or working towards Engineering Council accreditation
• Proficient in the Use of IES or TAS, however this is not essential