Join a highly successful, technically advanced business with a global office presence and a full order book as a Design Engineer.
Michael Page have partnered with a globally leading producer of electro-mechanical systems who supply highly prestigious clients with business-critical equipment. Having established their reputation as producers of high quality, hugely adaptable and rapidly available machines this business are now experiencing the strongest performance in their history with forecasts suggesting even quicker growth through 2020 despite COVID. Join the head office in Huddersfield as a Design Engineer utilising Solidworks and grow with the business.
Reporting into the Engineering Director and forming part of the multi-disciplinary design team you will be responsible for taking customer enquiries through a rigorous design process to deliver market leading products.
The Design Engineer will:
- Utilise the full capability of Solidworks to generate complex assemblies from component level parts
- Undertake further analysis and hand calculations on parts to prove their suitability
- Generate BOMS from final assemblies
- Create manufacturing packs for the shop floor, support hands-on staff through the build of new products
- Liaise with Electrical Designers. Suppliers, Purchasing, Project Management and production to track progress and proactively take steps to ensure project delivery
You will be joining a well established team who are able to offer support with product knowledge and internal working procedures, you will be given time to get up to speed and work directly with the Engineering Director on active projects in your first few months.
In return you will be somebody that can already demonstrate previous experience of using Solidworks to create full integrity models, and of designing products that are manufactured.
The ideal Design Engineer:
- Will have experience in a design engineer/draughtsman's role using Solidworks
- Experience with Sheet Metal products would be highly advantageous
- Formal qualification in a mechanical/ design discipline or shop floor apprenticeship would be beneficial
Grow with this growing business, take on additional responsibilities and share in the performance related bonus.