Working within the Engineering Function, as a Weapons Integration Manager, you will have the opportunity to enhance and share your skills/expertise and provide support to the Delivery Teams working within DE&S Air Environment, which includes Combat Air, Air Support, Helicopters and Weapons Operating Centres.
The Weapons Air Integration Centre of Excellence (WAICoE), part of the DE&S Airworthiness Team, was initiated in October 2018 to improve governance and management of Weapons Air Integration and to promote consistency across Platform/Weapon approaches throughout DE&S. As WAICoE Weapons Integration Manager, working within the Engineering Function, you will have the opportunity to enhance and share your engineering skills and expertise, manage a small team of engineers and lead on the key objectives of the WAICoE.
As Weapons Integration Manager, your responsibilities will include, but not be restricted to:
* Leading the team as focal point for weapon/aircraft integration advice and guidance for Delivery Teams within the DE&S Air Environment
* Leading the team, as the key interface with the Defence Safety Authority, on regulation, standards and policy relating to weapon/aircraft integration
* Managing direct support to Delivery Teams at critical points in their programmes and providing integration assurance
* Leading in the development of consistent and coherent processes that deliver effective, safe & efficient integration of weapons onto aircraft in accordance with relevant regulations
* Leading in the development and maintenance of practical and accessible tools and guidance for the user community
* Identifying opportunities to align approaches to weapon integration with those in Land & Maritime
* Identifying the competence set required to deliver weapon integration - working with Domain Functional Managers to modify extant competence framework
* Identifying suitable learning and development opportunities (including Industry) to raise the competence of the community
* Leading the Weapon Aircraft Integration Forum as an opportunity for sharing and developing good practice
Successful candidates should be able to achieve CEng within 12 months, thus a degree in Mechanical, Electrical or a relevant Engineering discipline would be advantageous. Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate extensive and relevant experience of integration of weapons onto air systems and knowledge of both the Weapons and Aero Engineering technical disciplines.
Due to security requirements (SC), this post is open to UK, Commonwealth and European Economic Area (EEA) and certain non-EEA nationals.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.