CIVIL DESIGN ENGINEER
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, enthusiastic and ambitious Civil Engineer to be based in our clients' Bristol office.
The appointment is for someone with broad experience in all types of infrastructure projects including, residential, commercial, renewables, educational, leisure and coastal. The role is predominantly infrastructure based, so experience with drainage and highways design is essential with a good knowledge of relevant sectional agreements.
Our client has a diverse range of clients and projects, so where project demands require, you may work on other disciplines including civil and structural projects. You will have good technical ability in connection with the projects you are involved in, with reporting skills being beneficial. The ability to prepare Flood Risk Assessments will also be an advantage.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Working under the supervision of a Principal Engineer in the production of schematic/concept designs and calculations within defined project timescales
- Liaising with other construction professionals in the development of designs
- Undertaking drainage and highway designs using WINDES Microdrainage, and Civils 3D (or other similar design packages).
- Production of AutoCAD and Civils 3D drawing information.
- Liaising with wider design team to ensure designs are fully co-ordinated.
- Carry out Section 104, 106, 38 and 278 Agreements and the works associated with them
In addition to work on traditional civil engineering design projects, there is also a requirement to undertake Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies, or other similar reports, letters and general correspondence associated with this work. This is likely also to include liaison with Statutory Bodies such as Local Water Authorities, Environment Agency or Local Authority.
- 2-3 years' experience in highways and drainage works in the UK
- Knowledgeable with highways layouts (vertical and horizontal)
- Competent in using AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Flood Risk Assessments
- Able to communicate with suppliers, contractors, the public, clients and colleagues
- Able to present technical work in meetings and presentations
- Able to check and assign the work of technician
- Must hold a degree in Civil Engineering (ideally 2:1) or equivalent experience.
- Holds or is working towards a professional qualification i.e. MICE/ AMICE or equivalent
- Must be IT literate with experience of infrastructure design software packages.
- Must be technically competent Skills and Abilities:
- Determination to find solutions to problems
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise way with colleagues and clients Ability to develop client relationships
- Must hold a valid driving licence
What you get in return:
A very competitive salary with the usual benefits associated with a company of this stature
Interested in this or other roles in Civil Engineering, please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now on (url removed) or call (phone number removed). We have many more vacancies available on our website. Please refer to (url removed). This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.