We have a rare opening for an Engineering Controller to lead our Greencore Bow engineering team in East London.
As Engineering Controller you will be responsible for leading the business' engineering activities to establish and maintain the engineering operations.
This will include:
- Ensuring maximum effectiveness of the operational machinery and equipment, minimising downtime and ensuring planned and proactive maintenance excellence
- Developing and leading investment plans based on asset capability, capacity and commercial strategy
- Devising and deploying an engineering strategy which supports the manufacturing units strategic goals and is compliant with all company and legislative standards
- Providing leadership and direction to ensure that people are kept safe, engaged, focused, developed and delivering their potential
- Proactively contributing to product development through the application of best available technology and automation to create efficient and sustainable manufacturing process
- Contributing to the Site Leadership team to ensure engineering solutions support delivery of the business plans
- Driving year on year improvements to deliver enhanced engineering standards aligned with manufacturing unit objectives
- Sharing engineering best practice within the Engineering forum to promote the exchange of learning and identify improvements for the Manufacturing Unit
Are you a progressive and influential engineering professional seeking a new challenge within an FMCG environment?
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c.11,800 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all of the UK’s food retailers with everything from sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Our 3.1 acre Bow site has up to 800 colleagues, working together to produce sandwiches, wraps, rolls and baguettes some of our leading supermarket partners and brands.What we’re looking for
- HND/Degree or Chartered Engineering status
- Stong People management skills with a proven track record of driving performance and change management within Engineering departments
- NEBOSH Certification
- Experience of creating a lean enterprise culture
- High volume manufacturing experience; FMCG
- Efficient Capital Expenditure planning and management
- Computer literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future successWhat you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory allowance
- A company pension offering up to 8% matched company pension contributions
- Access to our company share save scheme to reap the rewards of FTSE 250 share price growth
- Greencore Qualifications offering further study opportunities
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career