At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector..
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
In order to support construction activities Jacobs is recruiting positions for roles embedded in the Site Design Liaison Team of the Hinkley Point C (HPC) project, a new nuclear power plant being built in Sommerset.
As part of the Site Design Liaison Team (SDLT) based on the HPC site and forming part of the Responsible Designer team, , the main tasks of the role holder will consist of addressing the various construction site demands coming from the Main Civil Works Contractor (contract HK2201):
- Assess all the documents impacted by the Field Change Requests (FCR), i.e. modification construction queries, in the predefined timescales related to the buildings identified
- Assess site non-conformances called NCRs (Non-Conformance Reports), and propose repair solutions if possible,
- Assess, and clarify deliverables when RFIs (Requests For Information) are raised whenever design documentation is deemed unclear by the Main Civil Works Contractor.
- Implement the required modifications to design deliverables (drawings, schedules…) by “redlines”.
- Take ownership of the design delivered by the CNEPE back office teams in Tours,
- Ensure the answers to queries dealt by the back-office teams in Tours are treated in the predefined timescales
- Participate to the SDLT working rituals such as regular meetings, including weekly meetings with the site stakeholders.
In order to carry out properly the activities mentioned above, the following skills are expected:
- Knowledge of Eurocode 2 and detailing reinforcement,
- Experience in site activities
- Familiarity with 3D viewer tools such as Naviswork,
- Open minded,
- Positive mindset and focused on finding solutions,
- Committed and passionate
- Resistant to pressure
- Good Resilience
- Capacity to develop relationship
- Degree in civil engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of CDM regulations
- Previous experience of nuclear projects
- Previous experience of large construction and/ or infrastructure projects
- Some command of French language
: United Kingdom-United Kingdom Countrywide-Bristol-UK Bristol - Temple Quay
: Yes, 10 % of the Time