An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Design Engineer to join our thriving UK medical manufacturing company to work within our expanding Design and Development Department.
The job will involve the design and management of projects from product conception, through to commercialisation, and then into production support. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual, ideally with experience of working in the medical device industry, to enhance their career as a Design Engineer.
Working in a busy and evolving environment, you will have interactions throughout the business and with third party suppliers. Due to the nature of the role, international travel may be required on occasion.
Experience / Qualifications
• Proven track record of delivering plastic injection moulded design solutions to market, preferably within a high volume / automated industry.
• Experience of leading and supporting teams in the timely and cost effective completion of design and development projects, through activities such as project management, including project documentation of design specifications, risk analysis, and verification activities.
• Experience within the medical device industry, ISO 13485 and FDA Design Control.
• Experience in providing cross-functional links between Technical, Marketing/Sales, Tool Room, Quality, and Manufacturing departments.
• In-depth experience of UniGraphics or similar CAD software and creating 3D CAD models and 2D technical drawings.
• Experience with outsourcing, including the management of the outsourcing process from design to production implementation.
• Methodical, organised and structured approach to work
• Attention to detail
• Good communication
• Good people skill
• Able to work to deadlines
• Able to multitask and prioritise workload
• Able to make decisions and self-manage
• Able to work in a team and on own initiative
• Have a can-do attitude with an enthusiastic approach to work
About Intersurgical Limited:
Intersurgical was formed in 1982 in the UK and started with a modest range of respiratory products. Since its inception, the company has continued to grow and develop and today is the respiratory care specialist in airway management, anaesthesia, critical care and oxygen & aerosol therapy.
The company was formed with seven people, producing a limited product range for the UK hospital market. Today, we employ over 3500 people, producing an extensive product range sold worldwide. We operate across five manufacturing sites and have direct sales operations in over 25 countries and a number of export offices located throughout the world supporting our network of speciality distributors.
Through a constant programme of new product and market development Intersurgical is today one of the market leaders for high quality respiratory care products for the hospital sector worldwide.
Our products are seen as easy to use, technically superior and of the highest quality. The product range is innovative and we will continue to develop and implement improvements.
Location: Head Office (Wokingham UK)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
Closing date for applications: 24th July 2020
You may have experience of the following: Design Engineer, Project Management, Project Engineer, Project Manager, Product Development, Product Manager, New Product Development, Solidworks, etc.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.