PROJECT MANAGER- FOOD MANUFACTURING
£55,000- £65,000+ Bonus/ Benefits
We are working with a leading food manufacturing organisation who have an exciting newly created opportunity within their growing Engineering team! They are looking for a proactive Project Manager to help some support the business as it goes through a period of investment! They are highly regarded within their market space, providing a wide range of well known, high street products.
The role will report directly to the Group Engineering Manager and will have complete autonomy to manage all aspects of the projects. Key responsibilities will be as follows;
- Managing innovative and exciting projects
- To understand production processes and identify equipment and process changes which have the potential to deliver improvement in H&S, Food Safety, Efficiency, Reliability and Cost.
- Methodically work through each task, generating scope and deliverable, along with proposed cost to resolve. Ensure customer and stakeholder approval is in place. Commission modifications and attain customer sign off.
- Complete post task assessment and verify achievement of goals, before formal hand back to customer.
- Ensure that all financial standards are met including project reporting, asset capitalisation and asset disposal.
- Participate in multi-disciplined project teams.
The ideal Project Manager will need to not only be strong technically, but also possess excellent stakeholder management skills, be a strong communicator and be highly organised. Other criteria will be as follows;
- 5 years+ Project management experience
- Must have worked in a food/ Drink/ FMCG based environment
- Comfortable leading comples Capex projects
- Comfortable with Mechanical and/ or Electrical codes of practice / safety codes for food processing and services equipment.
- Project management theory and practice
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Educated to HND level or above
The company are a market leader in their field and have an outstanding reputation of retaining their staff through their excellent development programmes. They are investing heavily in the facility following a long sustained period of growth. If you are a Project Manager looking to take your skills to the next level or get involved in some high value projects, this job is for you!