Working in their Leicestershire manufacturing facility, the Manufacturing Engineer will assist with the design and integration of robust manufacturing systems in line with manufacturing strategy and project requirements to meet agreed Quality, Cost, Delivery and H&S metrics.
Manufacturing Engineer Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing the manufacturing processes for new products as integral part of a product introduction process.
- Develop alternative production methods for new and existing components using Lean tools and techniques.
- Design manufacturing systems and installation of facilities needed to meet overall production requirements – Quality, Costs and Delivery.
- Value engineering on products and processes to reduce costs.
- Assis in the design and develop layouts, fixtures, tooling, materials handling equipment, etc, essential for maintaining deliveries and reducing costs.
- Identify root cause by conducting assessments for modification or adjustments of components to meet specifications.
- Evaluate drawing designs by measuring drawing dimensions and comparing with original specifications for form and function using engineering skills to determine the reason for parts issues.
- Discuss engineering changes, temporary deviations in design, method of manufacture and assembly with production staff and coordinate corrections to include interactions with QC, Assembly, Testing, Repair, and Shipping teams.
- Create and improve work instructions.
Manufacturing Engineer Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience, plus a Mechanical Engineering Degree preferred, or equivalent.
- Experience of working in an assembly environment would be beneficial.
- Experience in product life cycle from initial product design to obsolescence.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology, including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Passionate about gaming a major plus.
- Continuous Improvement.
- Solidworks experience essential.
- Understand / applied quality and lean tools: Layout and Flow, Kanban, SMED etc.
- Planning and Organisation.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- Health and safety aware.