Hinkley is set to be the benchmark for future construction of similar projects in the UK. This is a great way to be exposed to the latest technology and digital construction methods with 3D BIM rebar modelling in TEKLA on such a large industrial project.
We are looking to grow our Site Engineering Team located on the construction site in Somerset across multiple disciplines and are looking for people who thrive in a dynamic environment, who can work collaboratively to deliver innovative and technical solutions to our client’s problems and construction team problems involving design aspect.
You be involved in the wide-ranging activities undertaken by our site-based teams, which will include:
- Working on 3D BIM rebar modelling in TEKLA with help of BIM coordinator or capacity to lead and control the RC 3D works or 2D drawings done by drafting team
- Response to Field Information requests and changes
- Close out of design issues
- Design Surveillance during construction
- Technical review and acceptance of contractor deliverables
- Site Walkdowns and inspection
Skills and Experience
Your skills are important and your attitude towards taking on fresh challenges to innovative 3D rebar modelling is key. You’ll enjoy working closely with other engineers, engineers pilot, BIM Coordinator, BIM manager, chief draftsman, draftsman, project managers and multi-disciplinary teams and be able to work with these stakeholders to define solutions.
From a technical perspective, we are looking for our team to have a mix of design experience, site experience and some of this experience within a highly regulated industry such as the nuclear industry. We are looking for:
- Civil Engineers/ Infrastructure Engineers
- Method engineers
- Structural Engineers
Experience of one, or more, of the following aspects is desirable:
- Working knowledge of the detailed design phases and how this is transitioned to the construction phase
- Responsibility for schedule for engineering tasks/ Making informed decisions balancing design, site, schedule and commercial requirements
- Working with contractors on site to deliver the implementation of engineering solutions.
- Previous experience of the nuclear industry sector or other highly heavy industry sectors.