The Role – Engineering Stores Operative
- Wykes Engineering is a progressive company with a strong proven background in renewable energy systems, waste process solutions and heavy industrial plant and machinery. We can offer an exciting and stable career and the opportunity to develop your career within a friendly working environment. We now seek an organized experienced Engineering Stores operative with good IT/ administrative skills and the following background/experience:
- Checking/unloading of all goods inwards & outwards.
- Maintain adequate supply of consumables and stock.
- Carry out regular inventory counts.
- Issuing and recording of stock.
- Coordination and recording of Periodic Inspections, LOLER, and Calibration
- Maintaining all documents, service records and database systems.
- To maintain a well organized, efficient and safe stores that minimizes unnecessary stock holding.
Experience / Skills desirable for this role
- Previous stores experience within an engineering or manufacturing environment
- Stores, goods-in and stock control experience are essential.
- Fork Lift experience/license.
- Experience of basic engineering consumables / tools, sundries.
- Good administration skills and IT skills including MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Experience and/or understanding of LOLER, COSHH, PUWER, Calibration and Inspection.
- Possess strong organizational and inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.