Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Roadworks and Highways Section Engineer to join our Regional team to work in Plymouth.
- The position will suit someone with a civil engineering background, with a proven background of managing a team of engineers on a variety of across the civil engineering sectors.
As a Roadworks and Highways Section Engineer you will:
- Project based managing a team of engineers within a section of the works;
- Provide information for engineers to set out;
- Capable of translating works information into setting out on site;
- Support initial surveying and setting out of the works;
- Support the setting up Quality Systems and record drawings;
- Ensure commercial records including diaries and allocation sheets are maintained;
- Ensure commercial change as it occurs is recorded;
- Ensure quantification of completed work is recorded;
- Raise and track Technical Queries are undertaken;
- Mentor off graduate engineers;
- Coordinate & manage engineering support to projects;
- Have an understanding of robotic surveying equipment;
- Support and ensure that the works are constructed in accordance with the contract drawings, specification and Project Execution Plan;
- Support & Ensure that the section of work are undertaken safely and in accordance with Health, Safety & Environmental legislation and the site HSE plans
- Ensure training competencies are in place.
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Experience in working on civil engineering projects and managing a team;
- HNC/HND/Degree in Civil Engineering desirable;
- Must be a team player but also able to work on own initiative;
- Knowledge of safety and environmental legislation;
- Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card;
- Ideally would hold a CPCS Appointed Persons Blue or Red Card.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.